Program 1: Global Health Science Fellow Program (for senior academic leaderships, one-year blended fellowship of 3 months in Europe and 9 months in in the countries of origin): We are glad to have great opportunity to designate three senior fellows to promote our collaboration in research and education in global health science. We are interested in public health leaders in in the countries of origin that have a deep interest in using this fellowship opportunity to co-develop collaborative academic programs in collaboration with global health scholars in Europe:
- Global health research program in public health, epidemiology, health system, implementation science or other research area of mutual interest. Research outcome will be published in international peer review journals
- Global health knowledge exchange program, initially targeting research training program* for junior scholars and practitioners in the countries of origin (*Program 2)
This position will offer a unique opportunity for the collaboration between senior public health academics in Europe and Global South. For one academic year, fellows will receive full academic supports from global academic scholars for the proposed collaboration areas we are mutually interested in.
- Eligibility: Senior academic leaders in their fields of research, education and practice, who have played a significant role in advancing public health in the countries of origin.
- Period: Fellowship are 12 months in duration (3 months in Europe and 9 months in Global South)
- Costs for international flight tickets, international conference, publications in peer review journals, accommodation and stipend in Europe (3 months) will be covered
Program 2: Global Health Knowledge Exchange Program (for early and mid-career researchers and practitioners): Global Health Knowledge Exchange Program is co-designed and co-implemented with Global Health Science Fellows (program 1), possibly in collaboration with international organizations. In collaboration with these global health science fellows, we plan to provide larger knowledge exchange programs annually for junior academics and public health practitioners from Global South, especially through technical capacity building in research methods (as below). We all highly encourage scholars and practitioners from Global South to actively engage in international academic society in global health science areas, throughout scientific publications in international peer review journals, scientific presentation in international conference.
- Evidence based approach for standardized clinical guidelines and protocols (eg. NCDs – cardiovascular disease, diabetes)
- Epidemiologic surveillance and response (eg. designing and synthesizing surveillance data sources; other epidemiolocal study for knowledge in epidemic or pandemic; Evidence based the epidemic response)
- Public Health Programs and Health system strengthening
Program 4: Global Health Knowledge Exchange Workshop Series: We has developed and carefully managed strategic external relations with national and international actors from Europe, North America, and Asia, to build a human security and humanitarian affairs academic partnership with marginalized scholars. In close collaboration with international partners, we organize Global Health Workshop Series online meetings (due to COVID-19 travel restrictions). The program will be one of the extremely rare knowledge exchange programs with marginalized scholars given the inaccessibility inherited from complex geopolitics.
- Workshop for Policy Practitioners: We develops and implements a range of professional educational formats accessible and attractive to domestic and international policy makers practitioners in Europe and abroad, taking into account their disciplinary and professional backgrounds. Possible formats would include in-classroom lectures, as well as online certificates, massive open online courses (MOOCs), short courses, and online seminars and webinars.
- Multi-disciplinary Training and Education Program: The establishment of a collaborative critical global health studies program provides interdisciplinary approaches to human security and international affairs in crisis affected countries. In collaboration with international academic and policy partners, the global health studies program will expand policy areas in education and research. To achieve our vision and strategic objectives, it requires adequate human and material resources that will progressively increase.
- Post-Doctoral Training: Through extensive teaching and education programs at institutes of C-GHSC members, we plan to train postdoctoral students and professionals working on global health. Grants to support training, scholarships, fellowships and professorships will be pursued to reflect the increasing needs under COVID-19 pandemic